Thursday, September 10, 2009

In Favor of Favre

Many people, not only in Wisconsin and Minnesota but nationwide, have been buzzing about Brett Favre and his decision to become a Minnesota Viking. I have heard from many people talking about how they feel and many have came to the conclusion that Brett Favre is a traitor. I personally don't think that he is a traitor at all. In fact I believe that it is the Packers organization that is to blame. There the ones who didn't let him come back and play and didn't want him to play for anyone else. You can't blame him for wanting to get on the stacked Vikings team in the NFC north to get back at Ted Thompson and the team who he gave 16 great years to and they didn't give him anything in return.

I have been a Packer fan my whole life. In no way shape or form am I pulling for the Vikings. I honestly hope they tie the lions record from last year, 0-16. However, I am and will always be cheering for Favre because he is a Hall of Fame quarterback that deserves to be recognized as a Packer. The only way Favre will ever be remembered as a Viking is if they win their very first super this year, which I really hope won't happen because, again as a true Packer fan, I want Favre to be remembered as a Packer and only a Packer.

3 comments:

  1. I couldnt have said it better myself. Farve will always be a packer to me. If I was treated the way he was I would have found a way to get a new job myself. I wish him the best, no matter what happens. Its a well written blog with an excellent topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't know anything about football, but this was an interesting blog. I feel like it's my dutie as someone living in Wisconsin to watch the game tonight. I don't know who will win, but it should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way his season is going, it doesn't look like he'll just be remembered as a Packer. Like it or not, he'll have to be remembered as a Viking too if he keeps playing the way he has been. I don't like the Vikings either, but I'm all for what Favre is doing and I think he's a great guy. He's just doing what he loves, and that's what counts, no matter how much flak everyone's throwing at him.

    ReplyDelete