Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oldies but Goodies

These days it seems like video game systems are made and within a year or two the counsel is obsolete. Personally I think this is absolutely ridiculous, considering that these new systems cost 300-600 dollars with games costing 60-100 dollars apiece, and some games requiring different controllers that cost even more. For a college student they’re almost impossible to afford. Because of the extremely high prices I have decided that I am going to boycott the new systems and stick with the classics and play nothing but Nintendo 64.

The Nintendo 64 was first released in 1996. I received my “N64” for Christmas from my parents. I was only in 2nd grade but I loved it and never looked back. I have around 20 Nintendo 64 games that I have acquired in the past 12 years, none of which I’ve paid more than $30 for. I still have the two original controllers that came with the system. The system is very reliable and very fun. When my friends come over they have a choice to play either my roommates XBOX 360 or my Nintendo 64, and they always choose the Nintendo 64, every time. Someday I may break down and buy one of the newer video game counsels, but as long as my trusty N64 still works I think I’ll be alright.

4 comments:

  1. This blog is awesome, and I totally agree. You can't beat the Nintendo 64. I know nothing about video games, so I am no expert. However, if I go to friends house and they have an original nintendo or super nintendo, I'm pumped. Any of the older systems are cheaper, and more fun in my opinion. Takes you back to simpler days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to see that someone is not giving in to the newer more costly games. It seems like every year you pay a fortune for a system that will be outdated within a year. Hope you trusty nintendo 64 keeps on tickin for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. n 64's are definitly rad. I am a fan of the supernintendo. you cant beat mario if you ask me. but for 64 golden eye is definitly my favorite game. i had a 360 and it broke within a year of me having it but i still have a 64 and super nintendo from when they first came out, the classics are always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll never forget playing racing games and 007 on my friend's N64. Those are some of the best times I've had gaming, even though newer games are more realistic. There's something to be said for simple games.

    ReplyDelete